Practical Activity in the SPSE Introduction to Evangelization Course Lesson 1.7

Home Page Forums Community Forum Practical Activity in the SPSE Introduction to Evangelization Course Lesson 1.7

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan Waddell
    Participant

As requested by the Practical Activity in the SPSE Introduction to Evangelization Course Lesson 1.7, here is my summary of this evangelization exercise.

When at work, I felt led to evangelize this person named Anthony. Prior to speaking with him, I listened to & asked for God’s grace and guidance. I introduced the topic by asking him if he had any sort of faith or belief in God. After this he opened and shared that he recently had a breakup with his girlfriend and had other present struggles.
    At the end of our conversation, I asked him if he knew that God could encounter him in contemplative prayer. He was interested in this, so I shared with him the “Foundations of Prayer” document. This document is something that I made and consists of three daily exercises: writing down three items you are grateful for, praying for yourself, 20 minutes of Lectio Divina with Sacred Scripture. After saying good-bye to Anthony I prayed for him.

One month later, I returned to this worksite and he excitedly came up to me and said, “I have been practicing part of the Foundations of Prayer and I tripped-up and missed a few days.” I told him not to be hard on himself and that I was very excited for him. Next time I am at this work site I look forward to speaking with him further. I will continue to pray for this good-hearted person.
    One constructive comment to add to this is that I was not prepared for this young man to come back to me and share his experience of the prayer exercises. I am learning that part of evangelization is being with and walking with the people. As it states in the SPSE Introduction to Evangelization Course Lesson 1.6,

Who are evangelists?…They spend time with people they evangelize – they eat and drink with them.

Thank you SPSE for this evangelization course. I am having a great time!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.