Idea to find books to hand out

Home Page Forums Community Forum Idea to find books to hand out

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

My parish has a library. I spoke to one of the volunteer librarians and asked her set aside any donated books that are duplicates especially Bibles, catechisms, books of conversion stories, and books by prominent apologists–Scott Hahn, and Steve Ray, etc.

Previously, I picked up several books including a Bible and two Catechisms. Our SPSE table gave out the Bible and one catechism yesterday at our event in conjunction with Knights of Columbus coat giveaway.

Today, the librarian said she had several books for me to look at. I was able to pick up another Bible, another catechism, three “Rome Sweet Home” by the Hahns, “The Lamb’s Supper” by Scott Hahn, “Prayer for Beginners” by Peter Kreeft, two copies of “The Imitation of Christ”, and “The Wonder of Guadalupe” by Francis Johnston.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Sherrie Ashley
      Participant

I work as a Chaplain in a hospital and our favorite Catholic go-to book is Matthew Kelly’s “Rediscovering Catholicism”. You can get them from his website in bulk just by paying nominal shipping; the books are free. I read at a while back and consider it life-changing material!

Participant

what a great idea!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.