We need a pamphlet about Hell

Home Page Forums Community Forum We need a pamphlet about Hell

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

I strongly believe we need to have a pamphlet on Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven. I sent emails to you all, and hope that we can get the Hell one done soon. Then we can attach Purgatory and Heaven.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Participant

What I have said to people on the street depends on what I was saying to them earlier. If I was talking about the Eucharist, I tell the from John 6:53 how Jesus said if you do not eat His flesh and drink His blood you have no life within you. I tell them no life within you means you go to Hell – a place no one wants to go to. Hell is horrific. Three young children in Fatima in 1917 were shown Hell by the Blessed Mother. They saw people screaming in pain falling into Hell.

Participant

Ed,
        Pray tell, did you get a chance to listen to my own story involving hell?

Sheila Rost
      Participant

Great information above! Thank you!

Participant

My book I am writing now called “Did You Know? The Economic Cost of Choice? That Gratitude Can Help you Physically and Emotionally? How 70,000 People Saw a Miracle in the Sun?
      The part about Fatima I plan on putting in there how Our Blessed Mother showed them Hell and how she told them later that most people go to Hell because if sins of the Flesh. I am going to explain what sins of the flesh are. With marriages down over 60% since 1970, I pray many young people will read it and choose marriage. The other part about the cost of choice is going to show how much social security and Medicare taxes 62.5 million babies would have paid into the government had they not been aborted.

Participant

Hi Mr. Graveline!

Do you need any help with the Fátima materials?

Participant

I have “Fatima in Lucias own words” and another book on the witnesses of Fatima. Anything else I need??

Participant

Hi!
            Well, for the information on St. Jacinta, you might do well to consult the Documentação CrĂ­tica de Fátima series. The information about sins of the flesh comes from the witness of Mother Godinho who was Jacinta’s caretaker while in Lisbon.

Participant

Hi there,

Im new to the SPSE movement so I’m making my way down the boards.

I am curious to know, how do you engage non-confrontationally with someone about Hell? Don’t get me wrong, the topic is dire but in the short moments of engagement, especially with people who might be pretty oblivious to the plethora of good news that can draw interest.

-F

Participant

Hi Felipe!

The subject of hell can be very daunting, so I understand your concern.

I personally have no problem discussing it with people. Generally, I don’t launch into it right away. Building trust and respect are important first steps in evangelization. Try focusing on these things first. Then, see where the conversation goes.

May I ask if you have read Pope St. Paul VI’s document “Ecclesiam Suam”?

Participant

Hello Felipe –

I mention hell sometimes when I’m proclaiming the kerygma.

You can ask someone, “Hey, do you know what we believe as Christians?” or “Do you know what the Gospel message is all about?”

I then I proclaim the Kerygma:
        God loves you and created you. You are precious, unique and unrepeatable. He wants to be in a relationship with you forever and has a plan for your life.
        The bad news is that due to sin, we were separated from God and our human nature was wounded. That means our intellect was darkened, our wills became weak, and sin became attractive. The consequence of sin is eternal death in hell.
        The good news is that God’s Son, Jesus, became man, atoned for our sins by dying on the cross and rose from the dead for our salvation.
        We receive the Holy Spirit and the gift of salvation when we put our faith in Jesus, repent of our sins, get baptized and become His disciples.
        Jesus established the Catholic Church to teach with his authority, to empower us with his grace, and to bring us back to life if we commit a deadly sin.

Have you had conversations with people about hell before? how did they go?

Participant

Hey Robert, I’m actually still in training and wanted to wait till after Advent to start gearing up. I’m already pretty nervous on how to start a conversation that bringing up hell seems like such a far away thing for me to talk about. But I’m probably overthinking how you guys do it.

I like the approach I will keep it in mind when I’m out there

Participant

Ed, what about Hell would you like to present to the people you speak with on the street?

Participant

Ed, I brought up your suggestions with Steve (our president) and Adam (our chief operations officer). You’re not the only one who’s asked for a new pamphlet; we’ve also received requests for a simpler Rosary pamphlet and a pamphlet about Paul the Apostle. Adam recently asked me to tell you that we are all working hard as a staff to get our school of evangelization up and running, both the live version and the online version. Since the School of Evangelization is our current primary focus, we would be moving away from that focus by taking the time to create a new pamphlet, add it to our website, and stock our inventory with thousands of copies. However, if you check back with us in six months, things might be different, and we might be able to add a pamphlet on Hell. I hope this message finds you well. Try checking back with us in six months. God bless!

Steven Scheerbaum
      Participant

Tan Books has some good resources from Doctors of the Church. They have Hell and Its Torments by St. Robert Bellarmine and What Will Hell Be Like by St. Alphonsus Liguouri. The title of the books will interest the modern reader, who is normally fascinated by all things dealing with hell. The fact that it’s a booklet will also be better suited for those who wouldn’t read an entire book. They can be purchased for as little as 75 cents a piece with a bulk order. Another good resource that you may wish to try is a sermon The Little Number of Those Who are Saved by St. Leonard of Port Maurice. This can be found online from various places, but olrl.org provides a four page copy for 10 cents each if you don’t wish to print it yourself. olrl.org is controversial because of its stance against the Novus Ordo Mass, but they have great traditional resources on their websites. The sermon is also controversial as it can drive a scrupulous soul into despair. I believe we need to talk about hell often (albeit prudently) because Our Lord spoke so often of hell, and the doctors and saints of the Church along with approved apparitions of Our Lady are unanimous that the majority of humanity goes there.

Tan Books also has books from the creators of the show Radio Replies (Frs. Rumble and Carty) on Hell and Purgatory. They have bulk prices on these, too. I haven’t checked these out, but I wasn’t terribly impressed with their layout of the booklet I read on Mary and statues. The content was good, and it is laid out as someone basically attacking the orthodox Catholic position on various topics with the authors replying and setting the record straight.

Participant

Did you see the pamphlet on The Four Last Things (Death, Judgment, Heaven, and Hell)? It might be exactly what you’re looking for: https://streetevangelization.com/docs/tracts/color/10-LastThings-Color.pdf

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.