Greetings from Portland, Oregon

Home Page Forums Community Forum Greetings from Portland, Oregon

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Hello,

I’m hoping to take on the mission of spreading the Gospel into the Archdiocese of Portland. I’m hoping for any pro-tip advice with possible hostile encounters.

In Christ,
    F

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Participant

Good afternoon, Felipe! Thank you for your message. I am not sure when you wrote this but I did not receive a notice and only just saw it today.
      Have you looked at our training materials here at the Online School (Intro to Evang. One Good Reason, etc.)?

Participant

Hey here kjsspei,

Thanks for the response! I’m still working through the training and I’ll probably run through it again to catch anything I may have missed. the reason I posted was because before I joined SPSE I was out in Portland passing out water and food, and (shh!) I was covering up awful things I saw with a few stickers of our Blessed Mother ;).

The reason I had asked the question was because Portland is going through a bit of a midlife crisis. There’s hostility towards the Gospel and there’s hostility towards “organized religion”. I’ve come to realize that we’re not looking to make martyrs so I’m going to tread a bit more carefully and just spend more time scoping out safer locations.

I have engaged with the houseless community on a secular level and am always itching to bring the Light to their lives, but I will let the Holy Spirit take the wheel and guide me, and right now, He’s telling me to slow down. Since the original post I’ve had time to rethink my methods and locations. I hope and pray that no one ever has to face adversities at that level, so I will work towards the same.

I’m almost done training, please keep me and our nation in your prayers!

-F

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.