Event Setup Logistics – Problems and Solutions

Home Page Forums Community Forum Event Setup Logistics – Problems and Solutions

• Creator
    Topic
    pgrace
    Participant

How to Keep Brochures from Blowing Away: I expect to be an approved team leader within the month, and am planning my equipment and supply orders. I’m in Florida where its nearly always windy. So far, I’ve been unable to determine how to display brochures without having them blow away. I want them standing up so people can see them from a distance to draw them in, rather than flat on a table with a weight where people wonder what they are, but not wonder enough to come closer. All the brochure racks I find online do not have grips that hold the brochures in at their bases, much like some products in the grocery store are displayed. A canopy tent with side walls would resolve the problem, but I’m trying to avoid a canopy tent for most events. Canopy tents are structures regulated by the fire department, so therefore by the city. I don’t want to be forced to setup with all the other canopy tents at a festival, pay a fee, register 8 months in advance to secure a spot, and be forced to staff the tent through the entire Friday to Sunday event. I’m not crazy about the wagon method because (1) everything is down low, (2) what you can display is limited, and (3) neck chains and rosaries get tangled to the point you can’t separate them when you’re trying to find one for a visitor. At least, that’s what I experienced at the one event I attended in another city. I’d like to set up a small folding table, and have everything on the table so they can be examined easily by visitors, and allow me to focus on the conversation. How do you keep brochures well displayed and secure from wind?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Participant

Hi pgrace!

That is a good question. In other contexts, I have seen brochures available in plastic literature display containers, making them organized, but still easily accessible. Please click here for an example: https://www.retailresource.com/product/36131/Four-Tier-Plastic-Literature-Display

I provide the link only for the image. I do not know, much less endorse or encourage anyone to purchase anything from this company (I’m not trying to make a sales pitch, basically).

pgrace
        Participant

Thank you, kjsspei. I’m familiar with these already and don’t think they will hold the brochures secure enough in our winds. However, I think I’m going to experiment with one by retrofitting it in different ways to hold the brochures more secure. Pete

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.